Rany ElHousieny, Ph.D(ABD)
SENIOR MANAGER SOFTWARE ENGINEER – AWS SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT CERTIFIED
firstname.lastname@example.org , (206) 569-8844
AWS Solutions Architect Certified , Azure Certified , Professional Scrum Master Certified , Commercial software development manager offering 15+ years’ managing cross-functional, global teams. Developed underperforming teams to have the ability to ship complex product releases significantly ahead of schedule. Designed and implemented products used by 500M+ users Cross Platforms. Gold Star Award Winner presented from VP of Microsoft for saving failing projects, moving them from failed to shipped with high quality, and Increasing products deployment speed by 70%. Known and awarded for building high-performing teams. Awarded from the BOD of APFM for the high impact in the first 3 months
· Languages: Python, C++, C. C#, R, Java, Objective-C
· SQL, T-SQL, USQL, Azure Cosmos DB (No-SQL), Xamarin, Cordova, ASP.NET Core, AWS, REST, Gatsby, React, HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Dropwizard, Maven, npm, Node.js, MongoDB
· OS: Windows, SunOS, RS600, AIX, Mac OSX, iOS, and Linux
· Project, People, & Technical Management
· Development, Testing, & Research
· Cross-Group Coordination
· Leading Through New Product Ambiguity
· Building Teams
· Customer Focus and Engagement
· 18 years Management Experience
· 8 years Experience Managing Managers
SENIOR MANAGER SOFTWARE ENGINEER Apr 2020- Present
Working with an amazing team building systems using MongoDB , Elastic Search , AWS , React , CSS3 , HTML5 , Sass , Dropwizard , Java , ...
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER MANAGER Oct 2018 - Apr 2020
A Place for Mom 1 year 7 months
Designed, Developed, and Managed 8 main cloud distributed Microservices solutions with cross platform mobile apps using Apache Cordova , GraphQL , Elastic Search , AWS , React , Gatsby , AWS AppSync , CSS3 , HTML5 , Sass , DynamoDB , ...
In the first 3 months, I was awarded from the board of directors for impacting the company positively by:
• Improving performance by 60% leading to 40% resource savings
• Saving over 1400 hours per month of manual labor ($3.8M/year) by automating complicated tasks
• Improved performance, cost, and response time by Moving the systems from Monolithic DB with REST APIs to
AWS Serverless GraphQL Microservices using AWS AppSync
• Building high performing teams and provide best practices for the entire company to follow.
PRINCIPLE SOFTWARE ENGINEER MANAGER- Microsoft Azure - Cloud + AI team Oct 2016 - Oct 2018
Microsoft 2 years 1 month
• Lead several cross-organizational initiatives within 11k employee organization to improve experiences and satisfaction for 500M+ end-users..
• Azure Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) Microservices: Improved customer experience for managing apple devices enrolled in Apple Deployment Program and managed by Microsoft Intune by 10% ( https:// docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/device-enrollment-program-enroll-ios ).
• Lead ARM64 development; game changing, all-day battery device with continuous connectivity and new mobile CPU announced on Dec. 2017.
• Increased NPS (Net Promoter Score) and CSS by 5% for 100M+ enterprise customers by creating a customer satisfaction dashboard and equation measuring by eight factors.
• Reduced customer support volume 3% (projection is 25% in 2 years); developed Machine Learning model identifying user feedback issues to alert engineers of new issues, decreasing resolution time and saving $18k/mo in labor costs.
• Reduced the MTTR (mean time to resolution) to 12% (projection is 50% in 2 years) which increased adoption to latest release by 5%.
• Released Office for iPad, iPhone, and Mac -announced by Satya on March 2014.
• Designed and implemented features used by 100M+ users: linking to ADAL (Azure Active Directory
Authentication Library) for client authentication with Office365, Single Sign On, Third party Authentication (Box, Dropbox, iCloud), and OAuth2 Authentication.
• Created a combined engineering transition process pilot used as a blueprint by 10K+ employees.
• Improved customer satisfaction by 30% and promoted star rating to 4.8 on app store.
GROUP MANAGER - Microsoft Research Jul 2010 - Jun 2013
Microsoft 3 years
• Managed an org of developers, test, and product managers in MSR (Microsoft Research) to ship products.
• Awarded and promoted for creating a reliable process guaranteeing continuous delivery and optimal customer satisfaction for Bing and Office 100M+ customers.
• In less than a year, developed the org into high performers with strong moral shipping high impact products.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER - MSN.com 2007 - Jun 2010
Microsoft 3 years 6 months
• software engineers organization manager at MSN/Bing DTS; building systems to target users with related content.
• Improved customer engagement 13% using personalization and audience relevance (measured by bounce rate, page views, session time, and click through rate).
• Increased MSN.Com traffic by 3% using SEO, SEM, KIP (Keywords Intelligent Platform), and SEP (search experience platform).
• Built a team of 60+ devs, PMs, test, SDETs, managers, and managers of managers in two months; 3x resources within the same budget to ship quality products ontime and alleviate huge debt of manual regression testing.
• Improved Group Health Index by 28% and reduced training time for turnover by 70%; developed talent retention strategies and added solid performance metrics fostering improvement.
• Converted 100% manual testing to 90% automation with measures and quality gates.
• Increased production by 40% by creating an automated pre-production and production environment freeing up resources.
• Managed 15 main projects: Relevance, Content Optimization, MSN Open, CPM, CIP, HOPs, SPS, UCE, SEP, MS.COM, SEO, SEM, KIP, JDS, and performance.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER - Windows Jan 1999 - Jan 2007
Enterprise and Networks
Microsoft 8 years 1 month
• Increased new product deployment speed 70% by designing and implementing a development process that combines SCRUM and RAD; manages specifications, development, testing, passing quality gates, and deployments in 2 vs 13 months.
• Gold Star Award Winner presented from VP of Microsoft for rapidly shipping a failing product.
• Built an org of 30+ from ground up and developed people located in California, India, and China to become high performers; handled interviews, hiring, managing up, and managing low performers out without impacting the business.
Nova Southeastern University, FL, USA 2008 - 2014
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)(ABD),
Computer and Information Sciences, GPA: 3.79/4.0
Nova Southeastern University, FL, USA 2004 - 2008
Master's degree, Computer and Information Sciences, GPA: 4.0/4.0
Courses of note: Situational Leadership, Career Coaching, Crucial Conversations, MMIS600 system development and design methods, MMIS645 Project management, DISS720 Human-computer interaction, DISS710 Decision support systems, DISS745 Electronic commerce.
Bachelor's degree, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Software Development • Agile Methodologies • C# • Software Engineering • Software Design
AWS Certified Solutions Architect • Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2PR4R5G2NNR4QF3J • Dec 2019 - Present
Administration Of Information Security • Nova Southeastern University
Dec 2008 - Present
Advanced Negotiations • Calyptus Consulting Group, Inc.
Oct 2005 - Present
Azure Cloud Certified • Microsoft Azure Certification Exams
H376-3045 • Feb 2020 - Present
Upsilon Pi Epsilon (Honors in The Computing and Information Disciplines • Upsilon Pi Epsilon: Nu Chapter
Dec 2008 - Present
MongoDB Certificate • MongoDB University
Apr 2020 - Present
Professional Scrum Master Certified • Scrum.org
Apr 2020 - Present
Gold Star Award • Microsoft • Jun 2005
Gold Star Award for developing and implementing an Agile process to ship in 30% of the time.
Upsilon Pi Epsilon • The International Honor Society for The Computing and Information Disciplines • Mar 2008
Honor society of Computer and Information Sciences. I have received grade 4.0 with all honors in My Master Degree in Computer and Information Sciences
Microsoft - Wiki and Technical Documentation Authoring Leader • Microsoft • Oct 2017
I have been the leader for improving documentations for our product for Employees and Partners for several months, leading by over 10,000 points.
Audience favorite award for Deep Learning Hackathon project • Microsoft • Apr 2018
High Impact Award - Stock Options • A Place For Mom • Apr 2019
* In the first 3 months, I was awarded from the board of directors for impacting the company positively by:
• Improving performance by 27% leading to 40% resource savings,
• Saving over 1400 hours per month of manual labor by automating complicated tasks